Thursday, January 24, 2008

Bang Head Here.....

This has got to be one of the toughest few weeks of this adoption. I keep thinking we will be getting the call any day...waiting by the phone...calling my messages constantly (yes, much like a crazy person)...checking my e-mail...trying to figure out what in the heck is going on. The truth is that we are on week 6 since the last hearing and I think we will be waiting until mid-February to hear anything now because of Chinese New Year and just the way the court process is looking (its either 3 weeks or 2 months - we are in the 2 month wait obviously). This would mean travel at the end of February or early March. I would have never thought it would take so long. There really is no reason for the delay - its paperwork on someones desk that is just not getting done. Its so frustrating. But as a child welfare attorney, I know that sometimes these things don't make the most sense and the system can be impossibly slow.

I know that as soon as we get THE CALL, all of this frustration and pain will seem like nothing to us.

Yesterday, Maggie had a ceremony for her Daisy group - she is so grown up! It does go so fast. I am sure some day I will be telling Sarah how we waited and waited for her until it was the perfect time to bring her home. Right now though, I feel like sticking my head in a blender. I guess the next updates we will get will be her 7 month video and picture sometime in the first 2 weeks of February. I am hoping we will get them the first week - before Chinese New Year when everything sort of shuts down over there.

Now back to reality - I have to "help Maggie" make a hat that reflects light. Yes seriously.

4 comments:

Katie said...

What is a hat that reflects light? Are you going to just wrap her head in saran wrap or something?

Can you even believe we didn't get a call today!?!? That is the 100th time I've said that - but whatever!

I hope you find that "perfect" bow for Sarah's hair - and go ahead and drink the whole six pack of wine and then drink a box of wine (be classy :-) )

Maybe we will be there for Chinese New Year. Have you read about the Lantern Festival? What a perfect way to start our life with our little ones - you write your wishes, hopes, dreams, etc on a lantern and fill it up with hot air, much like a hot air balloon, and release them into the sky! Maybe that's why we're waiting! You can do this for free in Taipei all during CNY...
Well, maybe tomorrow!

William's Family said...

Hang in there (and please don't stick your head in a blender!) Good news has got to be right around the corner.

And please do post a picture of that light-reflecting hat.

- Judy K.
www.wonderchildherewecome.blogspot.com

Jenny Evoy said...

Liz,

I pray that you hear something very soon. I think of you everyday and can't wait to hear your good news! It WILL happen and then your head will be spinning with getting ready to GO! :) Jenny

Rebecca Lily said...

Hang in there girlfriend!!! That call has got to be coming soon. :) I will be so excited when you post news about travel dates!!!!

Rebecca